International Polymer Clay Association
IPCA ARCHES Retreat 2014 â€“ Scholarship Announcement
- IPCA Retreat
- Thursday, 03 July 2014 21:03
Impartial, internationally-recognized (and anonymous) persons of the polymer community graciously agreed to act as selection committee for this award. Here are some of the comments and criteria (developed by the judges) which ultimately influenced their final choice:
â€œIt was quite evident that each of the 32 people who submitted a scholarship application for attendance at this year's IPCA Retreat would have made good use of it. The talent and dreams represented in the applications were inspiring! The award ... was a sizable package, so, who should get it? And how would the decision be made?...
â€¦To help focus the decision-making process, we used these 5 guidelines:
Arches Retreat Featured on Art Jewelry Magazine Blog
- IPCA Retreat
- Friday, 23 May 2014 14:54
The 2014 IPCA Retreat, Arches: Building Clay Connections is featured in the May 22, 2104 Art Jewelry Magazine blog. Click the link below to read the post, written by International Polymer Clay Awards category finalist, Annie Pennington.
The post highlights the variety of pre-Retreat classes taking place at the Embassy Suites over August 19 and 20, and you can register for a pre-Retreat class even if you cannot attend the Retrat later that same week.
The pre-Retreat Teachers and their classes are as follows. Click the teacher's name to visit their class page.
- Helen Breil - Fan-fold Neckline Clip; Shapes Neckline Clip
- Donna Greenberg - Jello Shot Bangle
- Lindly Haunani - Tropical Petals Bracelet
- Randee Ketzel - Fauxnomenal
- Maggie Maggio - The Nature of Mark-Making: Instinctive Doodling on Polymer
- Lisa Pavelka - Surface Technique Extravanganza; Metallic Magic; Mixed-clay Spinner Ring
Â© 2014 International Polymer Clay Association